Friday, November 21, 2008

Divide...Inside






Name and title at Divide?


Dino DeMilio
Director of Development

How long have you been with us?

Since 2003

How did you get started with Divide?

Russ and Milo told me they were starting something big. Only 3 total people were informed of their new venture at the time. I am honored to have been one of those 3 people.

Your favorite Divide memory?

The Divide Christmas party 2007, I jokingly asked Brett the Tangu Santa Monica waiter for something not available on the menu. Not only was the item not on the menu it would be considered illegal in 98% of the world. Brett made sure I got my item requested by the end of the meal. It was a complete surprise.

I will never disclose the actual item. I plead the fifth.

Where do you see Divide in 5 years?

In the next 5 years, I see myself within reaching distance of Russ and Tammy. Since my job at Divide is ‘in name only’, I will dedicate the remaining time watching a Bulldog named Marley and awaiting the arrival of their firstborn. Michelle will be next to me for the entire wild ride. I will be answering questions and introducing new foods to her like bread and green beans. I will have room set aside for Milo. Counting down till he moves in with me in the back house.

Where do you see Divide in 10 years?

In the next 10 years, I will be in Russ and Tammy’s guesthouse. I intend to teach sports and life to Russ and Tammy’s child or children. I will be taking long walks with Marley the Bulldog and answering questions that arise from Michelle on a daily basis.

I will also welcome the arrival of Milo on my couch. I can’t wait to have him around 24/7. I will also teach sports and life to him. I always say, “those that cant do – teach.”

Tell us about your other work

I have spent the last decade in radio. I have had a glorious 10 year run with the Tom Leykis Show as the associate producer. I have learned radio from a 30 year master. You can’t attend a school to learn radio like this. I am prepared for the rapid changes that my industry is facing.

How did you meet Milo and Russ?

I was at a college bar, Maloney’s in Westwood CA. A very drunken girl grabbed my package. I was stunned but not offended. I never expected to see or hear of her again.

Mutual friends invited me to Renee’s in Santa Monica the next night. Upon arrival I found out the very same drunken girl grabbed Milo (whom I never met until this point) earlier at Renee’s. She confused Milo with Dino on the second night. We all had a very long and extended laugh. Russ was with Milo and I was introduced to him as well.

I knew the dark side of our mutual friends. I could tell after 45 minutes that Milo and Russ were NOT cut from the same cloth as the mutual friends we shared. I secretly warned Russ with a text that they should not attend late night shenanigans with our mutual friends. Turns out I was correct. Our mutual friends were involved in shady practices. Milo and Russ split early when they knew something wasn’t right.

To this day, they remain my only true friends in Los Angeles. One fateful night at Renee’s and the rest is still being written…